3.1p1 breaks X11 forwarding

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Tue Mar 12 16:40:24 EST 2002

I just recently updated to 3.1p1 and it seems that some X11 forwarding
connections are broken while others work.  For instance xterm always
works fine.  But Synchronize (group calendar program) always crashes
with the following error.  This happens even if I disable access
control using 'xhost +'.

Secondly, in going back to 3.0.2p1 to try to work around this problem
I was able to crash ssh with the following error.  I window killed a
forwarded xterm which was running a separate X11 program also
forwarded.  The child tunneled X11 program appeared to hang and I
killed the application.  This crashed the underlying ssh with this
message.

Received disconnect from 216.17.153.58: 2: Received ieof for nonexistent channel 8.

Sorry I don't have solutions.  I just thought I would report the
problems.  Thanks for carying the torch with this wonderful useful
program.

Bob