Help with OpenSSL config for Sol7 SUN4U

Wiese, Maria Maria.Wiese at McKesson.com
Thu May 9 04:07:52 EST 2002

I need some help with .Configure for OpenSSL. I compiled versions for all
Solaris (2.5, 2.6, 2.8) platforms, but I am having problems with the
 SUN sparc Ultra-60 (220-r) running Solaris 7 SUN4U configuration.
I am trying to configure OpenSSL 0.9.6.C and have GCC version 2.95.3 for
Solaris 7.   When executing ./config , I received the
following errors:

Operating system: sun4u-whatever-solaris2
Can't locate strict.pm in @INC at ./Configure line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./Configure line 9.
Can't locate strict.pm in @INC at ./Configure line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./Configure line 9.
This system (solaris-sparcv9-gcc) is not supported. See file INSTALL for
details

I also try : ./Configure solaris-sparcv7-gcc
               ./Configure  solaris-sparcv9-gcc27.

Anything else I can try ?.... I did not have a problem in any of the other
server releases or architecture.
.