sftp chroot

Philip Paeps philip at paeps.cx
Sat Sep 21 22:25:19 EST 2002

On 2002-09-20 21:15:48 (-0400), Erik Wheeler <021231 at wheeler.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to chroot sftp; but not chroot ssh sessions. I came across
> some info that said this is possible.

I've also been looking for a solution like this.  I'd like to be able to
chroot sftp and scp connections.

To date, I've only found the scponly shell, which can be chrooted, but it's a
lot of hassle.  I don't like having to use the 'commercial' ssh for this :-(

> But after searching this list's archives and Google, I was rather confused
> about the different patches for chrooting, and couldn't find anything that
> appeared to only chroot sftp.

It's a bit 'hazy' to me as well.  Any pointers to documentation and patches
would be very helpful.

[...]

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip at paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #7:
    poor power conditioning