Call for testing for 3.5 OpenSSH

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Tue Sep 24 13:45:12 EST 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> Kevin Steves wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 12:46:08PM -0700, Dan Kaminsky wrote:
> >

> >>   Horrendously laggy console -- totally unusable.  SO_NODELAY get nuked?
> >>

> >Nagle usage is unchanged.  This problem report is useless.
> >

> It's called a problem report, not a solution report.  Given that:
>
> 1) Testing calls have preceded releases by 24 hours

Lately it has not been my choice, but we have time.  Assuming someone does
not spring some security issue on me making me eat my words.=)

> 2) Testing calls that go unheeded tend to lead to a very unhappy Ben

Na.. underfed Bens make for unhappy Bens. =) Unheeded calls for testing
just makes Ben a bit grumpy. =) First one does not happen offen assuming I
feel in a cooking mood or find leftovers.  The latter is unavoidable some
days.  Mostly when I'm short on time.

> 3) Ben specifically asked about Cygwin

Random draw of the hat.  Grabbed two OSes that I knew did not have
outstanding issues.

- Ben