Call for testing for 3.5 OpenSSH

Jeff Koenig Jeff.Koenig at experian.com
Thu Sep 26 09:09:30 EST 2002

Can someone reply and let me know what the status is on getting the PAM password expiration on Solaris issue working on OpenSSH?

Password expiring on our Solaris 7 and 8 servers does not work correctly with OpenSSH.  I believe this is a known issue, and was told that it might get resolved in 3.5, but now it sounds like it may not be resolved.

I hate to say it, but this is a critical feature for us now and my boss is pressuring me to get it resolved.  I am trying to avoid his suggestion of going with commercial SSH and would like to continue using what I like (OpenSSH).

Any info on when and/or if this will be resolved with 3.5 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 02:38:12PM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 11:18, Kevin Steves wrote:
> > i guess we also ship with PAM password change remaining disabled.
> > have not seen any feedback on solar's patch (which is in the
> > tree but remains #if 0 in auth-pam.c).
>
> It looks like it needs some monitor work as well.

there was a patch for the privsep case that used some
Linux-specific PAM magic if i recall.