Call for testing for 3.5 OpenSSH

Lacoss-Arnold, Jason Jason.Lacoss-Arnold at AGEDWARDS.com
Thu Sep 26 23:14:23 EST 2002

For whatever its worth, we're doing the same thing with no problems so far.
We turned the auth-pam stuff on and privsep off.  We'd love to use privsep,
but usable password aging is more important.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Tucker [mailto:dtucker at zip.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 2:12 AM
To: Damien Miller
Cc: Jeff Koenig; Portable OpenSSH
Subject: Re: Call for testing for 3.5 OpenSSH

Damien Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 09:09, Jeff Koenig wrote:
> > Can someone reply and let me know what the status is
> > on getting the PAM password expiration on Solaris
> > issue working on OpenSSH?
>
> It won't happen for 3.5p1. Maybe for 3.6p1 if people fix and test it.

I've been using the existing code in auth-pam.c (minus the "#if 0"
obviously) on a couple of Solaris 7 systems. It seems to work OK as long
as you're not using privsep.

Would it be possible to wrap it inside "if (!use_privsep)" until the
privsep case is fixed, or is this bad because it encourages people to
use non-privsep configurations?  I can provide the (trivial) patch for
this if anyone wants it.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG Fingerprint D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.