broken ssh-keysign for openssh 3.6.1p1 on Solaris 8 - fixed

Anthony R Iano-Fletcher Anthony.Iano-Fletcher at dcb.cit.nih.gov
Sat Apr 5 02:51:58 EST 2003

> I am not able to duplicate this problem.
> I've tried on Solaris 8, UnixWare 7.1.1, Open Server 5.0.4, and
> Open Linux 3.1.1

wonderful. Useful to know.

I have worked out what it is. We are configuring with AFS support. krb4
has a version of libdes.a which the configure script found and added to
the list of libs to link against. There is a sysmbol name clash between
libdes.a and libcrypto.a from openSSL and bang! ssh-keysign is broken.

I have moved the Krb4 libdes.a out of the way and rerun the configure
script and everything works now.

There is just one fly in the ointment with the AFS options. The file
radix.o has been left out of the Makefile.in and is needed for AFS
support.

Thanks for everyone's help.

			Anthony.

Anthony R Iano-Fletcher        Anthony.Iano-Fletcher at nih.gov