updated gssapi diff

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Wed Aug 13 04:56:26 EST 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:47:27AM +0200, Markus Friedl wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 04:43:52PM +0200, Jakob Schlyter wrote:
> > this is the proposed gssapi diff against OpenSSH-current (non-portable).
> >
> > note: if this goes in, the old krb5 auth (ssh.com compatible) will be
> > removed.
> >
> > please comment.
>
> i'm surprised by the amount for comments (read: "none")
> from the people complaining about our kerberos support.

Myself and Doug E. don't count?  We both commented AND provided additional
fixes.  Your selective memory is finely tuned.

Then again, I'm a critic not a complainer.  I wouldn't expect complainers
to respond, you've shut down their complaint.

It really sucks the way you (plural) solicit review (this and other
examples in the past).  Making people feel guilty for not looking at
code they don't have time to look at.  You push regular users away and
attract zealots.  If openssh is for openssh' sake that's fine.  But
otherwise, people don't want the abuse and go off and do their own thing.

If folks don't review it to your satisfaction, a simply don't include the
code!  (Hopefully with warning, though.)  No need to be mean about it.

Also, it's not like everyone is available at a whim.  geez, you gave it
one business day?

How many reviewers do you want anyway?  The code looks great.  sans the
missing parts of course -- per session ccache control and gsskeyex.  I
understand you're going to harangue over gsskeyex for awhile, but I don't
understand the reason for losing the per-session ccache controls.  It's
a small amount of easy-to-understand code.

/fc