No interest in partial auth?

Dmitry Berezin dberezin at acs.rutgers.edu
Tue Aug 26 02:16:43 EST 2003

Hi,

I just want to add that I agree with Erik about having a need for
partial authentication in OpenSSH. We use SecurID cards in addition to
password authentication for all users and the way this has to be setup
breaks scp and sftp since we have to use interactive shell (sdshell) for
SecurID authentication. Now, there is a patch for OpenSSH that enables
support for SecurID, but then I'd have to choose between password and
SecurID authentication, not both. Indeed, commercial versions of SSH
allow to specify a list of valid auth methods and how many of them must
succeed. This would be a very useful addition to OpenSSH functionality.

   -Dmitry.