signal forwarding support

Atsuhiko Yamanaka ymnk at jcraft.com
Mon Jan 20 14:05:13 EST 2003

Hi,

   +-From: Markus Friedl <markus at openbsd.org> __
   |_Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:20:01 +0100 _____

   |On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 06:57:55PM +0900, Atsuhiko Yamanaka wrote:
    >> Has the newest version already supported it?  That sounds
    >> great!
   |ok, here's a patch.

I applied this patch to openssh-3.1p1 and tried it on RedHat 7.3 box.
It worked!  For example, I did the following on my java stuff,

   establishing an encrypted connection.
   while(true){
     invoking a remote process by send "exec" request
     Thread.sleep(1000);
     sending "KILL" signal by "signal" request.
   }

Remote precess were killed successfully and it is nice that sshd sent to
client 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_EOF' and 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_CLOSE' requests
after each death of remote process.  It is perfect!
I don't know that patch will be merged into a release or not, but
I will keep this sending signal functionality in my stuff.

Thanks a lot,
--
ymnk