SSH2 GSSAPI/KerberosV.

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Wed Jul 30 05:41:16 EST 2003

Circa 2003-07-29 13:44:36 -0500 dixit Douglas E. Engert:

: Damien Miller wrote:
: > This has been discussed a couple of times on this list, so check
: > the archives for details. The patches are being worked on, but
: > progress is slow because of the lack of assistance (despite all
: > the talk from people asking for the patches to be merged).
:
: I am willing to help, but the process appears to be a closed process
: within the OpenSSH developers, as inferred from your note of Wed, 02
: Jul 2003 22:20:11 +1000:
:
: > Please note that posting wordy position papers, "me too" messages
: > and other "contributions" from non-developers will not make this
: > happen any faster.
:
: The above note and the lack of a public response to the MIT note of
: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:58:56 -0700 has lead me and maybe others to
: believe that we should back off any attempt to help, as you imply
: that it was being handled in house.

I think the intended message was that auditable patches, as well as
qualified auditing of existing patches, are welcome contributions,
whereas further discussion of the matter will only hinder the effort
rather than helping.

That is to say, the OpenSSH team would welcome any actual assistance,
but has not yet received much except for Simon's patch, which they have
already said they are not able to effectively audit....

--
jim knoble  |  jmknoble at pobox.com  |  http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/
(GnuPG fingerprint: 31C4:8AAC:F24E:A70C:4000::BBF4:289F:EAA8:1381:1491)