Extensions for long fat networks?

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Thu Jun 19 08:08:55 EST 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 05:37:27PM -0600, Paul Hyder wrote:
> sizes, seems to be tied to CHAN_TCP_PACKET_DEFAULT/CHAN_TCP_WINDOW_DEFAULT,

hmm

> With encryption requirements and lots of LFN availability I was just
> hoping someone else had already run into the low long distance
> throughput and fixed it.

I have, but our fix is just to increase the system default socket buffer
size.  I guess we didn't do any studies to see if we were maximizing
window use.  Which made sense for us, since we were doing many to many
aggregate copies and filling the WAN pipes anyway.

I don't have time to look into this, but I am very interested to hear
about any progress you make.

/fc