patch20 fails

Greg.Dunkel at mail.cuny.edu Greg.Dunkel at mail.cuny.edu
Sun Jun 22 05:07:43 EST 2003

I was able to apply patch 20 to a 3.6.2 tarball on Solaris successfully;
the
result compiled and is running on 4 or 5 machines.  What is better OpenSSH
now actually puts up a new-password prompt when your password has expired,
as
long as the pam.conf file has an session entry for other or sshd.

I couldn't get the new-password prompt with patch 19 or with patch 20
applied
to 3.5.2.

I got the same patchd code to compile on AIX but haven't got a chance to
test
it yet.

I and my colleagues think this is a nice step foward and would like to say
thanks.

/greg dunkel