Bus error with gssapi on HP-UX PA-RISC(32bit)

Shaji Vinod secure_bsd at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 01:33:20 EST 2003

hi,

I have a problem in the gssapi patch.

I have applied the gssapi patch for 3.4 version on
OpenSSH-3.5 and built the
source on HP-UX 11.11 (32 bit hardware). When I run
ssh using the "-l"
option such as "ssh -l <username> <hostname>", I am
getting a SIGBUS error.
That is the function "gss_release_buffer()" is causing
this error. Any views
on this?

This is only happening when "-l" option is given. But
when this given just
as "ssh hostname" it works fine. So, the main problem
is with
"generic_gss_release_buffer". Particularly this is
happening when the client
system do not have /etc/krb5.conf file. If there is a
file /etc/krb5.conf,
then this error does not araise.

Otherwise could anyone show some light on how this
could be handled
differently? The exact line that causes this problem
is in gss-genr.c at
line #538.

---> gss_release_buffer(&minor,&token);

This inturn calls generic_gss_release_buffer() from
libgssapi_krb5 library
and this is where the error happens exactly. What
could be wrong?

Regards,
-Shaji