[patch] 3.7.1p2: slogin symlink fixes

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl
Tue Nov 18 03:32:29 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> >  There are three small problems with the "slogin" and "slogin.1" symlinks
> > created upon installation:
> >
> > 1. "./" is included in the target path unnecessarily.
> >
> > 2. Symlinks are assumed to be available, while only hardlinks could.
>
> Are we trying to solve a real world problem here?  Or is just change for
> the sake of change?  What platform do these two things cause hardships on?
>
> > 3. EXEEXT is not respected for slogin.
>
> Can I get someone on Cygwin platform to verify this?  That would be the
> only platform this affects.

 These are clean-ups of the usual kind I prepare during maintenance of
software (I keep a repository of packaged software for MIPSel/Linux) and
are not results of fatal problems for my platform.  I try to get back to
the maintainers of the affected software whenever I consider a change is
clean enough for general use so that work does not happen to be
duplicated.  If you don't like the changes, then just disregard them --
I'll keep a private copy.

  Maciej