Question about adding another parameter for OpenSSH

Rudolf Cejka cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Fri Nov 28 19:16:23 EST 2003

Markus Friedl wrote (2003/11/27):
> you can already use a group readable private key, unless
> you are the owner of the private key...

Yes, this is what I used before - I simply hoped I do not need to use
them, but it is not the reality. I'm part of the group, so it means
just problems: Either I need root priviledges to change it to false owner,
or have some blind user to install them, or I need to chmod g-r / chmod g+r
for each use for myself, or I have to have two copies and select different
files - and everything means illogical obstructions.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology