3.6p2 build errors on buffer_get with latest portable/SNAP

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Sep 10 11:31:30 EST 2003

"STEWARD, Curtis (Jamestown)" wrote:
> Tried the user discussion list to no avail, can't get 3.6.p2
> portable running due to buffer_get errors.  Does the
> latest portable SNAP incorporate the latest patches?

The snapshots contain everything committed to the CVS tree at the point
that they were generated.

> Running Red Hat 8.0
[snip]
> /usr/local/sbin/sshd -t -f /usr/local/etc/sshd_config
> buffer_get: trying to get more bytes 1 than in buffer 0
> make: [check-config] Error 255 (ignored)

I build and test on Redhat 8 and I've never seen those errors.  What
versions of OpenSSL and zlib do you have?  Which version of gcc?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.