OpenSSH 3.7 testing (Re: 3.6p1 bug on SCO OpenServer)

Brian Poole raj at cerias.purdue.edu
Sun Sep 14 10:19:57 EST 2003

Quoting Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au) from 14 September 2003:
> Brian Poole wrote:
> > It appears that the regress Makefile is not portable enough. Solaris
> > make in particular pukes on it currently (GNU make works fine.)
>
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `clean'
>
> It's just the "clean" target, not the tests themselves?  I'll take a look
> at that.

Rather it is the Makefile, not the tests themselves.. more than just the
clean target is affected.

$ make
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 3: Badly formed macro assignment
$ make tests
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 3: Badly formed macro assignment
$ make clean
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 3: Badly formed macro assignment
$ pwd
/d0/source/openssh/openssh-cvs/regress

-b