CVS is missing documentation for HostbasedUsesNameFromPacketOnly

Carson Gaspar carson at
Tue Sep 16 07:54:00 EST 2003

--On Monday, September 15, 2003 21:29:20 +0200 Markus Friedl
<markus at> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 02:17:49PM -0400, Carson Gaspar wrote:
>> No, it doesn't. Add a trailing dot in .shosts and in known_hosts and you
>> get a crypto error.
> crypto error?

I was getting a signature error, but I can no longer reproduce it after
re-CVS-up'ing. I'll chalk it up to operator error.

Which means that yes, adding trailing dots (to both rhosts/shosts and
known_hosts) works.