SRP secure remote password authentication

Tom Wu tom at arcot.com
Thu Sep 18 08:14:26 EST 2003

Edward,

SRP-Z has the same effect as what you describe, but integrates both
pairs of secrets into a single authentication step, which is almost as
efficient as a single SRP authentication, whereas what you describe
would require double the amount of processing power, network trips, and
message size as a single "one-way" authentication.

Tom

--
Tom Wu
Chief Security Architect