SRP Support

Tom Wu tom at arcot.com
Fri Sep 19 08:24:13 EST 2003

Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Tom Wu wrote:
>

>>Ben,
>>
>>Can you be more specific about these "IP issues" you are referring to?
>>Is the IETF royalty-free statement insufficiently clear?  AFAIK,
>>Stanford *has* done precisely what you indicate by providing SRP in a
>>100% free and usable way, judging by adoption in other OSS software
>>projects.
>>

> It is not Stanford we worry about.  It is Lucent and others that claim
> that it may infringe on their patents.  You seem to forget about these
> claims.

Can you substantiate the assertion that Lucent has made this claim?  The
IETF IPR statement from them certainly doesn't support it, since it is
as clear a non-claim as you can get ("has not conducted a search").  If
there is no supporting evidence, please retract the statement.

Tom
--
Tom Wu
Chief Security Architect