3.7.1p1 and PAM

Austin Gonyou austin at coremetrics.com
Thu Sep 25 02:24:11 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 09:17, Tom Schaefer wrote:
> Hi,

[...]
> Anyhow, I realize its a client side problem but I'm writing to suggest
> an option be put into the next version of openssh to revert to the old
> "kludged" method of challenge response giving administrators the
> ability to maintain compabitability with broken and handicapped
> clients if they wish to do so.

Yikes. I hear your pain, but it's almost like buying a new car with an
option for a "recalled" feature that causes the brakes to fail
intermittently, but otherwise things are "normal."

> As it stands I've been forced to revert to an older version of sshd
> and am going to have to get some firewall rules in place real soon
> now.

Any chance of using putty or some such thing, instead?? It doesn't seem
to be b0rk3n.

--
Austin Gonyou <austin at coremetrics.com>
Coremetrics, Inc.