openssh on NeXTstep

Michael Weiser mweiser at fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Fri Sep 26 00:21:30 EST 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> I'm still puzzled why NeXT triggers this because NeXT's signal() has too
> loose of sementics for what we want and it should have defaulted to using
> the HAVE_SIGACTION.
Might it have something to do with the fact that I'm using a self-compiled
gcc-2.95.4 instead of the system's gcc-2.5.8? I don't really think so but
there is libiberty and libgcc which might provide another signal(). Also
configure often gets confused by the fact that there are headers and
function definitions where there are no real implementations for. Not
least mysignal() has been moved to bsd-misc.c inbetween openssh-3.6.1p2
and openssh-3.7p1 which might have caused the #if's to break.

One example: mmap is there and works, but not on /dev/zero and munmap can
only be reached via an explicit syscall - there's no stub in
libsys_s.shlib or any other library. So I agree that NeXTstep is quite
weird in some respects but this is continued in MacOS X as well.
--
bye, Micha