3.7.1p1 (possibly p2, too): two small compilation nits on RedHats

Ville Herva vherva at niksula.hut.fi
Fri Sep 26 16:21:28 EST 2003

(These are compiling the .src.rpm from

1) On Red Hat 7.3, with gcc-3.2 with the SSP patch
     rpm --rebuild --define "static_libcrypto 1" openssh-3.7.1p1-1.src.rpm
   - I needed to add -ldl to the linker flags before it linked.

2) On Red Hat 5.2, with gcc-, kernel 2.2.20
      rpm -bb openssh-3.7.1p1.src.rpm

   - openbsd-compat/bsd-getpeereid.c didn't find the struct ucred definition
   from /usr/include/linux/socket.h, where it is defined. The reason
   is that linux/socket.h comes from kernel-2.2.x, and sys/socket.h
   (that openssh includes) comes from glibc-devel-2.0.7-29.4, and does not
   include linux/socket.h (and probably assumes kernel-2.0).

   I don't know if configure should pick this up... Probably not.
   I ended up adding the ucred defintion to sys/socket.h because I
   happened to be in a hurry...

(I admit that I didn't check -p2, but I assume these are not changed since

BTW: Does -p2 include the Solar Designer fixes

-- v --

v at iki.fi