OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 AIX loginsuccess() issue

James O'Connor jpoc at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 30 23:37:02 EST 2003

Darren Tucker wrote:
> What password registry does the account use?  If you put "return;" at
the
> top of aix_setauthdb() in openbsd-compat/port-aix.c does that make the
> difference?  (after recompiling, obviously.)

Running sshd at debug level 3 shows:

debug3: aix_setauthdb: AIX/setauthdb set registry to AFS

After inserting "return;" at the top of aix_setauthdb() in
openbsd-compat/port-aix.c, loginsuccess() returns successfully and the
last successful and unsuccessful logins are printed prior to the motd.

If I short circuit the aix_setauthdb() routine, will that cause any
problems?

Thanks for the help and the excellent password expiry patch!

James O'Connor