SSH Logging

David McDonald david.mcdonald_remove_this_antispam at securitymail.com.au
Thu Apr 1 12:39:56 EST 2004

Hi,

I'd like to be able to log file transfers to/from an SSH server
(both through scp and sftp-server).

Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places, but I don't see a
way of doing this in the current code. The "scponly" shell goes
some (small) way towards doing this, however, it logs patterns
rather than filenames in scp transfers. I have even less success
with sftp.

If someone knows of patches that achive this aim, I'd like to
hear about them or hear of any other appropriate suggestions.

Alternatively, if nothing appropriate exists, I'd like to log
an enhancement bugzilla entry requesting a logging option
(not greatly dissimilar to an "xferlog" from an FTP daemon).

Regards,

Dave McDonald
Communications/Unix Analyst
Security Mail Pty Ltd
t       02-9554-0000 (switch)
        02-9554-0346 (direct)
m       04-2707-6947
f       02-9554-0554
e       david.mcdonald at securitymail.com.au
a       6 The Crescent, Kingsgrove NSW 2208
        Locked Bag 86, Kingsgrove NSW 1480