OpenSSH 3.8.1p1: call for testing

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Apr 14 00:42:44 EST 2004

Hello All.
	Portable OpenSSH version 3.8.1p1 nearing release.  This is primarily a
bug fix release and we're asking for interested parties to try a
snapshot [1].  A reminder: we rely on community feedback to find out
about problems, particularly as there are many platforms any
configurations that we don't have access to and can't test.

	In most cases, running the built-in tests is as simple as "./configure
&& make tests", but actually using it will provide a better test for
your environment.  Both would be ideal, but either one is far better
than neither.

	In particular, on HP-UX configure will now attempt to detect a working
getnameinfo(), so if you are using IPv6 on HP-UX please see if it
detects correctly for your environment.

	Thanks,
		-Daz.

Bugs fixed in this release:
#748 HP-UX 11.11 (aka 11i) needs BROKEN_GETADDRINFO.
#802 sshd configured with SIA doesn't link on Tru64.
#808 segfault if not using pam/kbdint mech and password's expired
#810 TZ environment variable not being set.
#811 locked /etc/shadow password prefix on linux.
#820 utmp seems to be getting clobbered on logins (IRIX)
#825 OpenSSH 3.8p1 breaks on Solaris 8 with 4in6 mapped addresses.

[1] ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/snapshot/
or one of its mirrors listed at
http://www.openssh.com/portable.html#mirrors

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)