OpenSSH 3.8.1p1: call for testing

Thomas Binder binder at arago.de
Fri Apr 16 23:13:17 EST 2004

Hi!

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 12:42:44AM +1000, Darren Tucker wrote:
> In most cases, running the built-in tests is as simple as
> "./configure && make tests", but actually using it will provide
> a better test for your environment.  Both would be ideal, but
> either one is far better than neither.

openssh-SNAP-20040415 compiles and passes "make tests" fine on
Sparc Solaris 7.

Configured with:

-- snip --
LIBS=-ldl ./configure  \
        --with-zlib=/opt/zlib-static \
        --with-ssl-dir=/opt/openssl-static \
        --prefix=/usr/local \
        --with-pid-dir=/etc/ssh \
        --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh \
        --with-rand-helper \
        --with-prngd-socket=/var/run/prngd-socket \
        --with-privsep-user=sshd \
        --with-privsep-path=/var/empty \
        --disable-etc-default-login \
        --with-default-path=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin \
        --with-superuser-path=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin \
        --with-pam
-- snap --

Final output of configure:

-- snip --
OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:
                     User binaries: /usr/local/bin
                   System binaries: /usr/local/sbin
               Configuration files: /etc/ssh
                   Askpass program: /usr/local/libexec/ssh-askpass
                      Manual pages: /usr/local/man/manX
                          PID file: /etc/ssh
  Privilege separation chroot path: /var/empty
            sshd default user PATH: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin
   (If PATH is set in /etc/default/login it will be used instead. If
   used, ensure the path to scp is present, otherwise scp will not work.)
          sshd superuser user PATH: /usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
                    Manpage format: man
                       PAM support: yes
                 KerberosV support: no
                 Smartcard support: no
                     S/KEY support: no
              TCP Wrappers support: no
              MD5 password support: no
       IP address in $DISPLAY hack: no
           Translate v4 in v6 hack: no
                  BSD Auth support: no
              Random number source: ssh-rand-helper
     ssh-rand-helper collects from: Unix domain socket "/var/run/prngd-socket"

              Host: sparc-sun-solaris2.7
          Compiler: gcc
    Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized
Preprocessor flags: -I/opt/openssl-static/include -I/opt/zlib-static/include
      Linker flags: -L/opt/openssl-static/lib -R/opt/openssl-static/lib -L/opt/zlib-static/lib -R/opt/zlib-static/lib
         Libraries:  -lpam -ldl -lresolv -lcrypto -lrt -lz -lsocket -lnsl -ldl
-- snap --

The "LIBS=-ldl" is necessary because for some reason the static
libcrypto.a contains calls to dlopen() and therefore even the
clients need the libary (configure only added -ldl to $LIBPAM,
which is only used for sshd).

Ciao

Thomas