OpenSSH 3.8.1p1: call for testing

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Apr 17 08:46:44 EST 2004

Sandor W. Sklar wrote:
> AIX 5.2 ML1, IBM C for AIX 6 compiler, openssh-SNAP-20040416, all tests
> "ok".

Excellent, thanks.

> *    I had to specify /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib as CPPFLAGS
> and LDFLAGS; if I didn't, configure wouldn't find zlib.h or libcrypto.a

The zlib.h problem is because AIX has a /usr/lib/libz.a but don't have
the corresponding /usr/include/zlib.h.  Configure no longer always
searches /usr/local, but it will look for libz in /usr/local/ if it
doesn't find zlib in the system path.

In AIX's case, it finds /usr/lib/libz.a and tries to use it, but can't
because zlib.h can't be found.

> *    There were a large number of (W)arnings and (I)formation messages
> during the build process, but nothing fatal.
>
> *    I tried out the sshd and the ssh client briefly, and it all worked
> without any obvious problems.

Thanks.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)