Solaris core dumps

Lloyd @ Work Lloyd.Parkes at eds.com
Fri Apr 23 14:55:21 EST 2004

Hi,
I'm busy trying to get OpenSSH 3.8p1 working on Solaris 8. I'm having a
bit of trouble, mostly because I want it to work right beyond simply
logging in.

I've given up trying to use privilege separation because it doesn't
play nicely with PAM and BSM (I haven't applied the BSM patches yet).

When I log in with public key authentication and my password has
expired, sshd quits with a segmentation fault. Since I need password
expiry and I need public key authentication this is a problem. I know
it looks like an odd combination, but regardless of how I choose to
authenticate, my account is still accessible via a password in so many
ways, and so that password must be changed regularly.

sshd appears to be crashing in pam_password_change_required(). I can
only assume that force_pwchange is not initialised. I'll know soon
after I get a version of openssh built with debugging symbols, but
that'll have to wait until Monday.

Lloyd