A question on limiting the number of ssh connections to the ssh server

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed Apr 28 07:24:12 EST 2004

Not a MaxConnections persay.  Just:

     MaxStartups
             Specifies the maximum number of concurrent unauthenticated con-
             nections to the sshd daemon.  Additional connections will be
             dropped until authentication succeeds or the LoginGraceTime ex-
             pires for a connection.  The default is 10.
[..]

That states how to handle connections while they are unauthenticated.

- Ben