openssh continues to process dash arguements after hostname

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Apr 28 12:12:40 EST 2004

Mark Andrews wrote:

>>The commands are executed on the server with the user's shell, so any -
>>arguments will be treated as arguments to that shell.
>
> 	If they are treated as shell arguements then sshd is broken.

If you read the source, then you would see that this is not the case.
Some shells have broken argument processing.

I don't know if fixing this worth breaking people's scripts that rely
on the bad argument parsing.

You can always be explicit in your commandline:

ssh user at host -- -x -y -z

will work as expected.

-d