openssh continues to process dash arguements after hostname

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Apr 30 17:53:39 EST 2004

John Davidorff Pell wrote:

 > On 27 Apr 2004, at 18:39, Markus Friedl wrote:
 >> too many people are using:
 >>     $ ssh host -l user

> Who?

Me, for one.  When I'm testing stuff I often need to test multiple
different options and I put the ones I'll need to change at the end.
This saves time when I recall the command and edit it.  Yeah this is
trivial, but so what?

I can agree with making it the usage and man page clearer on this
subject, though.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.