AIX lssrc command error after installed OpenSSH

lambert lau ltclau2000 at yahoo.com.hk
Fri Jul 2 08:45:45 EST 2004

Hi,

We compiled and successfully installed OpenSSH 3.8.1p1
(or earlier version), but has false respond from lssrc
-a command.  Example error message as:

openssh daemon itself -  "opensshd        tcpip
inoperative"

or

other daemon  -  "0513-001 The System Resource
Controller daemon is not active"

We've installed the following filesets on several AIX
servers (both 5.1 and 5.2):

SCBprngd.rte              0.9.26.0    C     F
Pseudo Randon Number Generator
SCBsshd.rte                3.8.1.1    C     F
OpenSSH Daemon 3.8.1p1 Portable
SCBssl.rte                 0.9.7.4    C     F
OpenSSL Utilities 0.9.7d
SCBtcpwr.rte               7.6.0.0    C     F
TCPWrappers 7.6 Portable for AIX
SCBzlib.rte                1.2.1.0    C     F    Zlib
compression utilities

ssh appears to work OK but we are getting problems
with the System Recourse Controller, after the install
of OpenSSH the System Resource Controller hangs. This
means we cannot query, stop, start or refresh any of
the services under the control of SRC, these include
NIS NFS and inetd.  But if we deinstall the above
filesets the SRC responds as normal.

Any idea what's going wrong?