DynamicWindow Patch

Christopher Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Fri Jul 9 01:02:57 EST 2004

On Jul 8, 2004, at 8:52 AM, Damien Miller wrote:

> Chris Rapier wrote:
>
>> How do you determine what is big enough so that 3 or 5 years from now
>> we
>> don't have to crank up that limit again?
>
> There are other limits that may need to change over 3 to 5 years, so
> this isn't a terrible problem.
>
> Anyway making it "unlimited" just means "unlimited until you run into
> the edge of size_t".

This is a good point and something, I am ashamed to say, I did not
consider. I'm really just thinking about what are probably extreme
situations and a 2^30-1 buffer should be more than enough to cover even
those (a 60gbit single stream transpacific would end up being buffer
limited but for now I think thats sufficiently far enough away to not
worry about it).