Potential Patch

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato at astro.su.se
Sun Jul 25 01:56:25 EST 2004

* Phil Dibowitz [2004-07-22 16:51:11 -0700]:
> 1. Solaris BSM/Auditd supprt
> This is properly ifdef'd out, and I added support in the autoconf stuff to
> only enable it in Solaris.

Is this really Solaris-only? I'm wondering because I've noticed that the
sshd shipped by Apple in Mac OS 10.3.4 has a number of "BSM audit:" strings
including
BSM audit: solaris_audit_record failed to write "%s" record: %s

That's
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/tarballs/other/OpenSSH-41.tar.gz
for those who are curious.

> 2. We add a logit() call for people doing "ssh host command" to log the user
> and commadn (2 places in session.c). Requested by our security staff.

Do you also log all input to the command? If not, what does this extra logging
buy you over ordinary process accounting?