Potential Patch

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Tue Jul 27 06:09:09 EST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Rob Braun wrote:
[..]

> > However, it may be something to consider and ensure BSM is more general if
> > Apple is also planning on using it.
>
> Apple is definitely currently using it, and will continue to be using it
> for the forseeable future.  I'd definitely like to see more generic BSM
> support.  Seeing solaris in the ssh logs on an OS X system is a little
> bizarre.

Then Apple should take the time to document via manpages the API they are
using.  I would be nice to see a generic BSM, and I have no quarms with
that.  I have a big bitch about using APIs aren't document since that
tends to mean they are under flux.

Which definitely shows when you look at what Apple did to Sun's BSM patch.

- Ben