-R port:host:hostport - communication lost after some minutes

Hans Schou chlor at schou.dk
Thu Mar 4 23:50:08 EST 2004

Hi

As this '-R' command initially works fine I guess it must be a bug.

I have to login at a computer which is hidden behind NAT. The user
(joe) at the computer then connect to my server with the command:
  ssh -R 1234:localhost:22 test.com

Then I login to test.com and connect back to joes computer:
  ssh -p 1234 localhost

I get successfull connection every time but after a few minutes,
typing some simple commands the communication just stops and I can
type nothing. The only thing I can do is to ask joe to establish a new
connection.

Am I doing something wrong?
How can I give a better bug report?

/hans
--
Hamletsgade 4 - 201, DK-2200 København N, Phone: +45 3582 9079
Schou Industries ApS      http://schou.dk/    CVR: 26 13 44 39