Connection caching?

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue May 4 11:00:00 EST 2004

Jefferson Ogata wrote:

> It's hard enough to keep lazy users from eliminating any challenge from
> normal pubkey authentication by using ssh-agent or unpassphrased private
> keys. But there are ways to force clients to be intelligent for
> authentication. It's a different ball of wax once you start allowing a
> single authentication phase provide a perpetual stream of sessions.

Like I said: the control socket would be subject to similar checks that
we perform for other sockets (e.g. ssh-agent). I.e it must live in a
secure directory and we can enforce getpeerid checks to ensure that
it is the same user connecting each time.

I suppose we could also optionally do explicit confirmation via
ssh-askpass, like we do with ssh-add's -c option.

-d