RedHat forks OpenSSH?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Nov 12 01:16:17 EST 2004

Once upon a time, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> said:
> Chris Adams wrote:
> > Now some users are saying to the OpenSSH developers that maybe they
> > should reconsider.  Will you not at least listen, as you ask Red Hat to
> > do?
>
> Who said we haven't listened? I just haven't heard any convincing
> arguments why we should spend extra time supporting a vendor who
> makes our jobs harder and won't even do us the courtesy of responding
> to our comments.

As you said, Red Hat is just part of the Fedora community.  Are they the
only part of the community you will listen to?

Someone said that Debian is considering or will likely make the same
change (again because of the DMCA).  Would you consider moving acss out
of the main tarbll then?  If so, how about saving them the trouble and
doing it now?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>