Feature Suggestion - scp don't decrypt file at destination unecrypt on copy back switch

Gerard J. Cerchio gjpc at OB1Net.net
Thu Apr 7 06:41:28 EST 2005

Rick Jones wrote:

>> Of course there is always the script that encrypts files, scp's them and
>> it's scp'ing, decrypting partner, but this is what I am trying to avoid.
>>
>> Any comments?
>

> aren't the encryption keys different for every invokation of scp?  or
> can one tell scp they keys to use and have the keys be the same for
> each session? otherwise you have a key per file and that would present
> something of a key storage problem wouldn't it?
>
> rick jones

If this is true than I would pick up the ssh trick of using the keys in
~/.ssh.
Pass those keys into openSSL...

BTW I am also suggesting that I perform the coding for this patch.

Gerard