port forwarding trouble

Jos Backus jos at catnook.com
Fri Aug 5 03:13:28 EST 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 02:07:20AM +1000, Darren Tucker wrote:
> Jos Backus wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 12:41:37AM +1000, Darren Tucker wrote:
> >>Why is that better the host at port?  I would bet there's precedent for
> >>that somewhere too.
> >
> > port at host preserves symmetry with user at host?
>
> port at host reduces consistency with the other places in OpenSSH where
> ports may be specified as an optional appendage?

Yeah, too bad we can't fix those. :-)

Like Sergio I don't like the use of `@' as a non-host scope qualifier as the
reverse seems to be the established use outside of OpenSSH. I `like host!port'
better since it avoids using `@' and carries with it the UUCP notion of moving
closer to the destination with each bang (first host, then port).

--
Jos Backus
jos at catnook.com