Call for release testing

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Aug 24 00:32:22 EST 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:18:28AM -0400, Knox,William R. wrote:
> OK, it appears as though it ran fine that time. Added set -x as the
> first line of the test-exec.sh file and ran the command as detailed
> below. Output is attached. A subsequent run of the entire test after
> removing the set -x entry also turned up no errors. I don't know whether
> to be pleased or disappointed (I hate unreproducible errors).

Me too.  Unfortunately, it's not entirely avoidable for our regress tests
since some rely on being able to establish listeners on various ports.  If
you have something else on the box that's busying out ephemeral ports
(especially the 3000-4250 range) then there's a chance the two will collide.

Sometimes these are obvious, but the source of yours isn't in the first
lot of output you were able to capture.

(Yeah, they could check the ports first, but that's a) system dependant
and b) racy anyway.)

For what it's worth, I was unable to reproduce any errors on Solaris 8
either, although with slightly different configure options.

> I've also
> run the make send-survey - let me know if you want any information from
> that.
>
> For now, I guess Solaris 8 is a pass. Let me know if you want any more
> information.

Thanks for those.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)