Mirror site ftp.plig.org out of date

Alexander von Gernler grunk at pestilenz.org
Wed Aug 24 01:10:26 EST 2005

Hey Ed,

thanks for notifying us about that mirror. As I see that you CC:ed
their webmaster, did you get response from them?

* Ed Avis <ed at membled.com> [2005-07-31 19:34]:
> The mirror site ftp.plig.org is out of date, for example
> <ftp://ftp.plig.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/snapshot/> stops in
> 2005-03-07 while the same directory on the master site has recent
> files.

The mirror seems to have at least two issues:
- the one mentioned by you
- they have a ``pegasos'' directory in snapshots, which we don't ship
  anymore. Mirroring with the rsync ``--delete'' option would save them
  from that.

Apart from that, I see a distfiles/ directory, perhaps mirrored from the
main site? If so, this is strongly discouraged. If built by
mirroring-ports(7), it is completely OK.

Their mirror is not that bad otherwise, so I will wait for reactions to
this for a while before doing changes relating to that.

Greets,
--
Alexander "grunk" von Gernler       PGP key 0xEBC27515
http://www.de.openbsd.org/ -- Free, functional, secure