Force TTY

olle ollesson bpsr77 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 17 00:55:52 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm having problems with getting a tty against an extreme switch. I've tried
with the -t flag that is supposed to force a tty but it's not working.

I checked the code in ssh.c where this option is parsed:

case 't':
  if (tty_flag)
    force_tty_flag = 1;
  tty_flag = 1;
  break;

The tty_flag is initialized to 0 and what I can see this flag is always 0 at
this stage in the code. Thus it is impossible to set the force_tty_flag to
1.

Is this done intentionally or is it a bug? Why the if statement?

Best Regards,
Olle