Call for release testing

Jim Basney jbasney at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 4 03:52:17 EST 2005

Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:
> We are preparing to release another stable OpenSSH soon, so once
> again we are asking for your help in testing CVS snapshots.

Test results for openssh-SNAP-20050303.tar.gz:

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 i686: PASS
  ./configure --with-pam --with-kerberos5=/usr --with-privsep-path=/var/run/sshd
  make tests passes.
  PAM authentication looks good.
  Kerberos GSSAPI authentication and credential delegation looks good.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 3) ia64: PASS
  ./configure --with-pam --with-kerberos5=/usr/kerberos
  make tests passes
  PAM authentication looks good.
  Kerberos GSSAPI authentication and credential delegation looks good.
  (Tested PAM and Kerberos for SNAP ssh but not SNAP sshd on this machine.)
Mac OS X 10.3.8 PowerPC G4 Darwin Kernel Version 7.8.0: FAIL
  ./configure && make tests fails:
    run test multiplex.sh ...
    test connection multiplexing: envpass
    test connection multiplexing: transfer
    test connection multiplexing: status 0
    test connection multiplexing: status 1
    test connection multiplexing: status 4
    test connection multiplexing: status 5
    test connection multiplexing: status 44
    Master running (pid=18137)
    Exit request sent.
    exit command failed
    cat: /Users/jbasney/testing/openssh/regress/pidfile: No such file or directory
    no sshd running
    failed connection multiplexing
    make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
    make: *** [tests] Error 2
  Running ./configure && make tests for openssh-3.9p1.tar.gz on this
  machine passes.