Patch for openssh server

Christian Iversen chrivers at iversen-net.dk
Wed Aug 16 03:05:45 EST 2006

<chrivers at iversen-net.dk> wrote:

> >> Based on the amount of data we're moving around at the US supercomputing
> >> centers I'd say you have 5 to 7 years at the outside.
> >
> > Well, one extra bit is really only going to help another 5 or 7 years
> > then. We should clearly all use 128-bit numbers right away ;-)
>
> Isn't long (and u_long) 32 bits on ILP32?  Or is u_long really uint64_t.

Well, it seems you're right. On gcc-linux-i386, there's absolutely no
difference in size between "unsigned long int" and "unsigned int".

I didn't expect that, but then again C is not my primary language.

What type should I use instead? Is uint64_t sufficiently portable?

--
Regards,
Christian Iversen