4.6p1 chan_read_failed error

Marc Aurele La France tsi at ualberta.ca
Tue Apr 10 04:07:18 EST 2007

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Damien Miller wrote:

>> Well, it also undoes the fix for bug #52. I think it is safe to simply hush
>> the error message:

> ugh, the logic in that patch was almost, but not completely, wrong. Please
> try this one instead:

It would also be a good idea to include errno in the debug2 message after a
read(2) failure in channel_handle_rfd().  Doing so would make any future
surprises in this area easier to diagnose.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi at ualberta.ca         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |