(20070302) Warning messages on FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE (Re: Call for release testing.)

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 28 15:13:07 EST 2007

Norihiko Murase wrote:
> I did send the following message to this ML:
[...]

Thanks for that, and apologies for not responding at the time.

[...]
> +#if 0	/* for FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE */
>  #ifndef MAXSYMLINKS
>  # define MAXSYMLINKS 5
>  #endif
> +#endif	/* for FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE */
[...]
> I wonder what the best solution is...

Now that we're trying to include headers once only from the .c file, the
  system includes where these are defined are no longer in includes.h
and thus this kind of thing isn't defined when defines.h is read.  They
get defined in defines.h and again by the system headers, which
generates the warning.

One way I can see of dealing with these is to have configure check the
settings at configure time and put them in config.h.

An alternative would be to include "defines.h" after the system headers
but before the compat headers.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.