I got a strange "connection refused"

Dan Yefimov dan at nf15.lightwave.net.ru
Tue Apr 22 00:21:34 EST 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Ian jonhson wrote:

> mmmh.....  That my be a alternative. But how to open the syslog in SSHD?
> I tried to add the line "syslog(LOG_INFO,"%s: here",__func__)" to get debug
> information, however nothing output in /var/log/messages.
>
> Anything I miss?

SSHD privsep child according to your strace log tried to contact syslogd right
after privsep monitor crashed, so there is generally nothing you should do in
addition to what I advised. But if you want to explicitly add debug logging,
you should invoke openlog() right before invoking syslog(), and invoke
closelog() after you are done with syslogging. Consult manpages for details of
those functions.
--

    Sincerely Your, Dan.